Saturday, September 16, 2006

News Today

I've decided to start a new blog, unrelated to diet and health issues so I can voice my opinion and help promote ideas I believe in.

I think each blog is going to be different...I'm going to post about anything.

News articles I've seen today:

Bodies found as US vows to secure Baghdad. 47 more bodies found. Most victims were found to have been bound, tortured and shot. This bring a 4 day total of almost 180.

E-Coli contaminated Spinach: apparently at least some of the cases have been linked to a California processor, but other companies are still being looked at. Spinach can be eaten if thoroughly cooked, but cannot be eaten raw as washing will NOT kill/remove the bacteria.

Remember the woman who strangled the intruder in her home? Well, now it looks like her husband had hired a hitman....and the hitman was the man this woman killed. I've read a lot of posts on message boards about this and have to say, in my opinion, if this woman was trying to protect herself she is guilty of nothing.....except making a really bad choice in her husband (which I can relate to!).

The death of Anna Nicole Smith's son: Apparently Ms Smith has now hired an independent pathologist to determine what happened to her son. Good for her! I feel so sorry for Ms Smith. I cannot imagine how it would feel to loose a child. In this case the child apparently died right in front of her and she coulnd't do anything to save him?? Horrible! I hope she at least has some friends and family to help her during this time in her life. We should all keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

Nancy Grace says "Guilt" likely made mother commit suicide: Wow....the fact that she, on national TV berrated and yelled at this mother had nothing to do with it? I think not.

Polar bears drown, islands appear in Arctic thaw: I am getting more and more concerned about this global warming!!! They've been saying for a while that polar bears are at risk of extinction due to changes in thei hunting areas....now they're getting stranded at sea when the ice their on unexpectedly melts and breaks up, drifting away out to sea. They've also found 3 "new" islands!!! These islands were previously covered by glaciers, but the glaciers have melted enough to reveal their existance. Wonder how much longer our government will ignore this threat?

The Dutch are the world's tallest people:
WOW!!! Average man just over 6' and the average woman around 5'7"!!

Woman, 73, Fights Off Intruder:
I love seeing stories like this!!!

No comments: