Sunday, November 05, 2006

Vote!!!

I am praying that by the end of the say this Tuesday, November 7 we will see a glimmer of hope. I am praying that people smarten up and stop voting the party and start voting with a bit of thought behind their vote. I am praying that people get out and vote!!!

We must get out and vote!!! It is our civic duty. It is the only way to make ourselves heard. It is the only way to guarantee the will of the people....the majority of the people. If the majority votes, then the majority will be heard. If the majority doesn't vote, well, then only the minority is heard!!!

Get out and vote!!!

If you live in NC, here is a link to the state Board of Elections.

Here are the requirements to vote in NC:

Qualifications to register to vote in North Carolina

To register to vote in this State, a person must sign a voter declaration attesting that:

  • I am a U.S. citizen.

  • I will have been a resident of North Carolina and this county for 30 days before the election.

  • I will be at least 18 years old by the next general election.

  • I am not registered nor will I vote in any other county or state.

  • If I have been convicted of a felony, my rights of citizenship have been restored.


If you've not registered yet, it's too late. But if you're not registered, please get registered as soon as possible so you'll be ready the next election!!

If you are unable to get yourself to your polling place, you can contact your local Democratic or Republican Part Headquarters.

Here are the numbers for Durham County:
Democrat: 919-544-1994
Republican: 919-403-7183

No comments: